Spartan programming main objective is minimal use of various elements of the programming language which may contribute to complexity. This programming style relies on strict self-discipline, avoiding some of the opportunities offered by the underlying language, geared at achieving the programming equivalent of laconic speech.
Spartan programming strives for simultaneous minimization of all of the following measures of code complexity:
- Horizontal complexity, that is, the depth of nesting of control structures, just as the total line length.
- Vertical complexity, that is, module length in lines.
- Token count
- Character count
- Parameters, that is the number of parameters to a routine or a generic structure.
- Loops, that is the number of iterative instructions and their nesting level.
- Conditionals, that is the number of if and multiple branch switch statements.
1 Kilometer = 1000 Meters
1/2 a Kilometer = 500 Meters
1 Meter = 100 Centimeters
1 Centimeter = 10 Millimeters
Water boils at 100 degrees celsius
and freezes at 0 degrees celsius.
1 Ton = 1000 Kilograms
1 Kilogram = 1000 Grams
1/2 a Kilogram = 500 Grams
You get the point. Now, let’s check…
I still don’t understand why people get all upset about a word.
There. Are you upset now? I didn’t beep it, or change it or otherwise mask it. I just said it.
Here, again: Fuck.
It’s just a word, get over it and stop ruining my favorite shows and movies (especially those coming from the…